Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello everyone! Thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures from this past weekend. On our last day of our pure michigan adventure with a teething 12 month old, chilly weather and our besties who are a newly weds I was able to thankfully capture these shots. Cheboygan has always been a big part of my life since my parents took my brother and I since I was 6 months old to 16 years old. I'm not sure I ever really loved it then like I do now but I do appreciate our family trips more than ever having my own little family now. Meeting mario and having a common love for all things outdoors and up north only made sense for me to introduce him to all the great spots I cherish so much. In 2009 we arranged a group trip with a few friends and I knew he was hooked too. Since then we have tried to go every year with friends, with the exception of last year (i was preggo then at home with newly born angelo) we've done pretty good at doing so. This spot on Lake Huron is perfect with the view of the mackinaw bridge in the distance, trails and just enough seclusion that it gives that northern michigan feel you can really only understand first hand. Living for a weekend in a rustic cabin without electricity, running water or proper plumbing if you know what I mean can be challenging when this way of life is so ridiculous to the majority of people our age. The many upsides are camp fires, marshmallows, drinks, games, the glow from the lantern and warmth from the wood burning stove with good company makes it all worth while. Making memories is so important for me to do with angelo and I cannot wait til he's older and loves it as much as me! I hope you all get your pure michigan fix soon and check out Cheboygan State Park! I promise you won't regret it :) xoxo






Cheboygan State Park



 

No comments:

Post a Comment